We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
dinner rolls or slider buns
tablespoon butter, per slider
oz brie cheese, sliced, per slider
cup turkey, per slider
cup green bean casserole, per slider
tablspoons french fried onions, per slider
Heat up turkey and green bean casserole in the microwave for about 30-60 seconds. Butter the outside of the dinner rolls or slider buns.
Assemble sandwiches in following order: bread, brie, turkey, green bean casserole, fried onions, more cheese, bread.
Heat skillet over medium heat and grill until bread is brown and toasted and cheese has started to melt. Flip and repeat on the other side. Serve hot!
More About This Recipe
- The table is set, the wine is chilling, and the turkey is roasting. You’re ready for Thanksgiving.But are you ready for the day after Thanksgiving? Have you thought about what to do with all of those delicious leftovers? There are the obvious choices…turkey sandwiches, turkey soup, or simply heating up a plate filled with all of your favorites. But let’s think outside the box.I’m fairly certain I discovered a version of this recipe on one of my many Thanksgivings growing up. I don’t know about you, but green bean casserole is a staple on my family’s Thanksgiving table. To me, it’s the ultimate comfort food. Well, that and grilled cheese sandwiches. So why not combine them both?You can use slider rolls if you have them…or just some regular ol’ dinner rolls leftover from your Thanksgiving feast. Use any cheese you like, but I like Brie as it pairs well with mushrooms. (In fact, if your local grocery store sells mushroom Brie, go for that!) In hindsight, I would’ve added even more cheese – because when you’re making grilled cheese sandwiches, you can never have enough cheese.Serve hot. And then repeat the process over again – you’re probably gonna want seconds!
Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole with Cheese
My favorite time of year is finally here. Yes, I love every single thing about the holiday season. Most of all I love all of the yummy food and treats. This green bean casserole recipe is not just for the holidays. This dish is so scrumptious you will likely want to eat it any time of the year.
Why did I use an Instant Pot? Well because I wanted to. Surely, you can make green bean casserole without an Instant Pot. Just like you make a ton of other recipes without an Instant Pot. I love using my Instant Pot because it is convenient for me and my lifestyle. Pressure cookers also do a great job of producing immense flavor. A lot of my fellow Instant Pot fans will agree with me there.
I like being able to set something to cook and then walk away. The experience is different than a slow-cooker because I don&rsquot have to wait several hours for the meal to complete. I can maybe do a load of laundry and come back or cook other side dishes or meals in the meantime.
These perks come in really handy for holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am usually responsible for a few different menu items for our family holiday celebrations. Cooking could very well turn out to be an all day event for several different reasons, varying oven temperatures required for baked items, the time it takes to properly prep certain dishes, etc. Having a stand-alone appliance can help out a lot.
This green bean casserole may be a little different than what you are used to. I added shredded cheese. I couldn&rsquot resist! If you are dairy-free or vegan, simply omit the ingredient. The casserole is still such an amazing side dish. I love to remix my favorite childhood recipes from time to time.
Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole. ultimate comfort food!
Cook up your mashed potatoes like you normally would. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Try to cut the potatoes into evenly sized pieces. but don't sweat it if they aren't.
You want to make sure the potatoes drain well and dry. This will give you the best, fluffiest potatoes. After we drain ours, we toss them back into the warm cooking pan and place them on the stove top for a few minutes.
Now, get ready for the yummy. This Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole is about to happen.
Load the potatoes up with butter, sour cream, milk and cheese. mash it up. You can use a potato masher if you want. We just use a fork.
[clickToTweet tweet="Now, get ready for the yummy" quote="Now, get ready for the yummy" theme="style3"]
After you spread the potato mixture into a prepared casserole dish, sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar cheese. (You can use any cheese, actually, we just love cheddar. Monterrey jack would be excellent. or pepper jack if you want to spice it up!)
Bake until delicious and bubbly. (Our Bacon & Green Bean Casserole would be a great companion for this dish! Or how about Honey Butter Carrots. Yum.)
There are very few things we love more than warm, melty and browned cheddar cheese. Especially on top of buttery, creamy mashed potatoes.
Talk about a splurge-worthy side dish, our Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole is a hit with everyone.
You may also like
Easy Cheesy Baked Tortellini (With Meat Sauce)
Cheesy Fajita Baked Chicken
Easy Hamburger Casserole Recipe (4 Ingredients)
Taco Stuffed Shells
Cheesy Taco Lasagna
Cauliflower Fried Rice
Chicken Parmesan Sliders
Easy Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
Keto Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks (4 Ingredients)
Cocktail Cubes & Beer
Green Bean Casserole
Green Bean Casserole is a holiday staple, but you typically see it mixed with creamed canned soups. This recipe is from scratch, and adds a delicious crunchy topping that you’ll love! We’ve included this terrific recipe in December’s Family Favorites Menu Plan.
Crunchy Onion Bites Ingredients
- 1/3 White Onion (thinly sliced & chopped)
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp. Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp. Salt
Green Bean Casserole Ingredients
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) Frozen Green Beans (thaw beforehand)
- 8 oz. Crimini Mushrooms
- 1/3 White Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 large Garlic Clove (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. Salt
1. Preheat oven at 475 degrees F. Spray a 9吉 pan with no-stick spray.
2. Crunchy Onion Bites: Combine onion, flour, panko bread crumbs, salt, and eggs in small mixing bowl. Stir well. Spread onto aluminum foil-covered baking sheet (spray with nonstick cooking spray). Bake for approximately 20 minutes (turn halfway through). Remove and set aside.
3. Add butter to stovetop pan on medium heat. Sauté onion and mushrooms for approximately 10 minutes (or until onion is translucent). Add garlic at the 6-minute mark.
4. Add green beans to stovetop pan. Sauté for another 8 minute s.
5. Add flour, nutmeg, paprika, and salt to pan. Stir. Add vegetable broth. Stir.
Turn heat to low and add half & half. Stir well. Continue to stir and heat on low for approximately 5 to 8 minutes.
6. Pour mixture into casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
7. Smash the crunchy onion bites into small pieces. Add atop the green bean casserole dish at the 20-minute mark.
Remove and serve!
How to Make Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- After that, prepare the package of Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes according to the package directions. Once the potatoes are done heating, use a rubber spatula or a spoon to transfer them to a large bowl.
- Then you’ll add the Monterey Jack, cheddar, sour cream, soup, salt, onion powder, and pepper to the potatoes in the bowl.
- Use your spatula or spoon to mix everything together. The cheese will not melt all the way into the potatoes. That’s fine. It will while the casserole bakes.
- Next, transfer the potato mixture to a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish. Spread the potatoes into an even layer in the bottom of the dish.
- To prepare the topping, place the crushed cornflakes into a mixing bowl. (You don’t want cornflake dust, so don’t crush them too much.) Then pour in the melted butter and stir the cereal and butter together.
- Use your hands to sprinkle the cornflakes all over the potatoes. You want to make sure they’re completely covered. After that, sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the cornflakes. You want a little of everything in each bite.
- Let’s get baking! Place the baking dish in your preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes to 30 minutes. The corn flake topping will become golden, the Parmesan cheese will melt, and the potatoes will be piping hot. Yum!
- Once everything is cooked, carefully take the casserole out of your oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving. If you like, you can sprinkle some chopped green onion over the top of the cooked casserole.
I love that having mashed potatoes ready for this casserole takes less than 10 minutes with Bob Evans. It’s such a time saver!
Cheesy potato casserole with cornflakes makes holiday meals easier to pull together and frees up space on the stovetop.
A Thanksgiving Recipe Staple: Green Bean Casserole
So often, we associate a certain kind of food with a certain feeling, or a certain time of year or holiday. Green bean casserole is no exception. For me, green bean casserole recipes mean one thing: Thanksgiving is coming! True, we do eat it other times of year, but for some reason, green bean casserole recipes are evocative of the warm, cozy feeling I get whenever I even think of celebrating Thanksgiving with my family. Thanksgiving recipes abound, and for most people, it’s all about the turkey. Not me, though. I mean sure, turkey is fine and dandy, but I really like all the side dishes even more. Mashed potatoes. Sweet potatoes. Green bean casserole. Cranberry sauce. My mouth is watering now just thinking about it!
I know we all have our likes and dislikes about different Thanksgiving recipes, but one thing that everyone seems to agree upon is that they love green bean casserole. Whether it’s a spicy green bean casserole recipe, a cheesy green bean casserole,or just a traditional green bean casserole like many of us grew up eating, people love these dishes. If you want to learn how to make green bean casserole, check out any…or all…of the 6 green bean casserole recipes in our collection. They range from simple and fast to completely homemade, down to the cream of mushroom soup and the onion rings. So delicious!
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving recipe? Comment on this blog or send it to us here, and you might just get published!
Yes. You should avoid using skim milk, as it is too lean. On the other hand, you can use heavy cream if you want an even richer casserole.
Yes. Instructions for doing that are included in my Old Fashioned Green Bean Casserole Recipe. You’ll need
If you’re looking for awesome holiday recipes, here are some that will bring the flavor to your celebrations:
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
5 Ingredient Cheesy Beef and Egg Noodle Casserole Recipe
This comforting 5 ingredient cheesy beef and egg noodle casserole recipe will become a staple at the family dinner table.
Cheesy beef and egg noodles, and veggies to boot. This casserole is everything you want after a long day (and a great way to get kids to eat vegetables!)
Can we talk about these last few weeks? They have been really tough! There has been an insane amount of work that needs to get done, and just not enough hours in the day.
I’ve literally been going to bed late and waking up early to get at least a little bit of work done, because I just can’t/won’t do work when I’m spending time with Ben after work when I get to see him and then do dinner time and bed time. But when he gets to bed, then the work needs to happen.
I do feel like I’m being super productive when I’m working (either day job – running a small natural products manufacturing business – I shared more about it when I shared this 5-ingredient rigatoni with eggplant and chorizo or when I’m working on the blog business side of things) but it’s just sheer volume of work.
I know it all ebbs and flows, and this is just one of those times that I have to put in a little extra work and then it will all go back to being a more manageable amount of work soon.
AND – the best thing I have to share with you guys? Ben said his first word, and it was MOM … and I caught it on video. Life = made! You can see it on my instagram stories highlight!
Back to the recipe…as you may have gathered from the post on buffalo cauliflower nuggets…I love asking people what they make for dinner. This cheesy beef and egg noodle casserole concept was shared to me by a fellow mom. She said that while it may sound weird, the ingredient combination of beef, cheese, diced tomatoes, green beans and egg noodles was amazing and that her kids loved it.
I made this 5 ingredient cheesy beef and egg noodle casserole and have to admit that while making it I was a little skeptical…but seriously, it was SO good and I’ve seen made this casserole recipe a bunch of times, and everyone that has it LOVES it!
Cheesy Green Bean Casserole Sliders - Recipes
Green Bean Casserole
Green bean casserole is a staple of Thanksgiving tables. Casserole in the USA doesn't quite mean the same as it does in the UK. In England, it generally refers to a bit of meat slow-cooked in liquid, more akin to a stew. In the US it translates as any dish cooked in a casserole dish in the oven, often with a crispy, crunchy or cheesy topping.
1 small onion, peeled and halved
2 bay leaves
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 black peppercorns
600g green beans, trimmed and strung
300g chestnut cap mushrooms, sliced
40g unsalted butter
25g plain flour
1 egg yolk
Juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
200g sour cream
2 tbsp. French’s ® Classic Yellow Mustard
2 (79g) packets French’s ® Crispy Onions
Bacon, Butter, Cheese & Garlic
GREEN BEAN & ASPARAGUS CASSEROLE
12 ounces fresh green beans, stem ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
2 T butter
1 shallot, chopped
3 C heavy cream
1 T Worcestershire
One 2.8-ounce can of french-fried onions
3 T flour
Salt & pepper
Blanch the green beans and asparagus in boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain and reserve.
Preheat a large skillet to medium high heat. Melt the butter in the skillet and drizzle in some olive oil. Cook the mushrooms and shallot until tender. Remember not to salt mushrooms until they are browned. Otherwise you will have gray mushrooms. When the mushrooms and shallot are tender, sprinkle in the flour and whisk it around to coat the mushrooms. Cook for about a minute. Add in the cream and whisk to combine. Reduce heat to medium. Add in the Worcestershire sauce and taste for salt and pepper. Cook until the cream is thickened and bubbly and reduced. Remove from heat and stir in the green beans and asparagus.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the green bean mixture in an 8 x 8 casserole pan. Sprinkle the french-fried onions over the top and cover with foil. Cook for about 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue cooking another 5 minutes.