We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Pasta and bacon
Hi all! This is a recipe I just threw together one day and really enjoyed. Hope you enjoy it.
Merseyside, England, UK
1 person made this
- 450g fusilli pasta
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red onion
- 5 rashers bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- dried parsley, to taste
- salt and pepper
- 200g grated cheese of choice
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:35min
- Heat up your oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Boil the pasta as usual in a pan of salted water.
- Meanwhile, chop up the peppers to the thickness you desire. The bigger the pieces, the crunchier it will be. Next chop up your onion (again to the size you desire. I cut the peppers and onion into small chunks for my dish).
- Whilst the pasta is boiling, use a frying pan or wok, and fry your bacon until they are as crispy as you desire, then remove to let them cool. Whilst the bacon is cooling, add butter to the frying pan, and fry your peppers and onions.
- Next cut up your bacon into chunks and add the bacon back in with the peppers and the onion and fry them all together. Next add a tin of chopped tomatoes, and a sprinkle of parsley. Then stir continuously for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat so that it doesn't burn or stick to the frying pan.
- Whilst the frying pan is cooling, drain your pasta and then add it to the frying pan. Mix everything together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next place half of the pasta and toppings into a casserole dish. Grate cheese over the top (whatever amount is desired). Next add the remainder of the pasta and toppings to the casserole dish and top it again with a bit of cheese. Place in the hot oven for 15 minutes and you have a delicious pasta bake!